Monday, 20 February 2017

Evil Nemesis - The Struggle Continues

A couple days I am out for a walk with the momma and this guy starts annoying me.
Evil Nemesis!
After I chased him for a while, the momma called me and we went into the house.  When we came back out in the evening, he was gone, but there was another beautiful sunset.
Saskatchewan - Land of Living Skies
Yesterday while out for my walk, I encountered that pest again.
First I tried to crawl up the outside of the willow
That didn't work, so then I changed tactics.
Climbing up the inside of the willow
Sadly, that was also futile!
Come down here you varmint!
Now for my Public Service Announcement.  Be careful trying to climb trees you pups!  A few weeks ago, I was after my evil nemesis and I poked my eye on something.  Whether it was a branch or something, mom doesn't know, but what she does know is I ran to her, fell down at her feet and was pawing my eye.  I was also trying to bury that side of my face in the snow and the sun really bothered my eye.  Mom knelt down and looked at my eye and saw that my eye had retracted inward and that my third eye lid was covering my eye.  I was clearly in discomfort.  The momma quickly took me to the emergency vet.  I had a complete eye exam and a scratch was noted on my eye.  I was given antibiotic/pain relief drops for my eye.  I am all better now, but please be careful out there pups!

Until next time everyone!

17 comments:

  1. Naughty evil nemesis to taunt you like that. Petcretary worries about me poking my eyes or stuff like that too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can happen so quickly, Freckles! Be safe out there!

      Delete
  2. So much fun to chase! But be careful around those trees! Dozer poked his eye that way when he was younger too & it was painful! Keep an eye out for your nemesis and maybe you will catch him unaware! :)
    Beautiful Sunset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Dozer's eye healed up nicely. It is painful and I will be more careful!

      Delete
  3. Glad your eye wuz ok!

    I hate dem skwerrils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eye is fine now, thank you Kinley. Yes, I hate dem durn skwerrils too!

      Delete
  4. What an EVIL squirrel teasing you until you get poked in the eye!!!!!
    I am very glad to hear its all better now so you can enjoy watching that beautiful sunset
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is an evil squirrel and he does keep taunting me! Not fair at all!

      Delete
  5. Oh Buddy! Yur poor eye! Be careful out there!
    Durn skirrel! Yu needa kitty cat! We dint have no evil skirrels in Idunno an' we don't have any 'round my place now. I think Scooter an' Puffy dispatch 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eye is all better, thank you Zoe! Yes, I do think I need a cat as well! They would be fun to chase as well.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for that sage advice! Hope your eye feels better soon. (Evil squirrels! Grrrrrr)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. What an amazing sunset!

      Delete
    2. My eye is all better and I am trying to be careful when after those evil squirrels!

      Delete
  7. Oh no. Your poor eye. Those evil squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eye is much better, and yes, those squirrels are evil.

      Delete
  8. Ugh... they are evil. I try to get them, every...single...day.... :|

    Henry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my nemesis! I chase them everyday!

      Delete