Sunday, 11 December 2016

Season's Greetings

Hello everyone!  Hard to believe it is so close to Christmas already.  Is everyone ready for the big event, or is there lots of last minute shopping to do, etc, for everyone.

After the early snow we had in October, it all melted and November was fairly uneventful.
Checking out the neighbor's field
Our neighbor was finally able to get his crop off and do some baling.  The crop was very wet, and he will need to dry it, but at least it is off.

My river December 6, 2016
After a  not bad November, December started ok.  This is my river on December 6, it was just starting to freeze over.  The ferry had been pulled out of the water on November 30 and we were all waiting for the ice to start flowing.

Then it got real cold last week and 3 days later, my river looked like this.
My river December 9, 2016
We have been under an extreme windchill warning for several days now.  If it continues to stay this cold, the ice road across the river should be open in no time.
Sundogs, December 9, 2016
You know it is gonna get much colder when you see sundogs in the sky.
Me stylin' in the latest doggie fashions!
Yeah, you could say my human over reacted when she dressed me in this, but at least I wasn't stopping every few steps and lifting up my feet because they were so cold.

I hope my one or two faithful readers are having a good winter so far and I want to wish you and yours a Very Merry Christmas and every happiness for the New Year.

Take care everyone!

18 comments:

  1. Oh boy it sounds/looks really cold...brrrr! However, you look really protected and pawtastic :) We're your newest followers. Happy Pawlidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Christine! Nice to meet you! Yes, it has been and continues to be cold here. Have a wonderful holiday season!

      Delete
  2. Have a super duper Christmas at yur place! Brr, it looks Cold there but yu do look hansum in yur winter togs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, Zoe! Have a pawsome holiday season! Hope you get more than pocket lint for Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Wow! It looks very cold where you are! Hope those doggie shoes keep your feet warm enough. Oh, and we haven't seen any sundogs in a long time around here. Have a very Happy Holiday! It's always great to see you, Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It warmed up to -16 C today! Feels balmy, BOL! Been seeing lots of those sundogs lately and my typist always tries to get a picture. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I are so eggcited bout my first Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be! I know you have been good so Santa should bring you lots of treats!

      Delete
  5. Brrrrr! And we thought it was cold here! You look like you can handle any weather now Buddy! Wishes for you & your family to have a very Merry Christmas! Rain & Dozer send their love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Rain and Dozer! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a pawsome Christmas as well!

      Delete
  6. It does look cold. Even our dogs lift there feet when it gets cold. I guess they need some of those stylish boots. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I still think I look goofy in those boots!

      Delete
  7. Thanx fur the pawsum Christmas card, Buddy! I can't get ofur yur winter coat with legs! An' yu shur luv yur Momma.

    All the best to yu an' yur pawrents in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zoe! I hope your peeps and you are having a pawsome New Year!

      Delete
  8. I am so late on account of the petcretary's work schedule, the holiday busyness, and just getting behind. Sigh...

    We sure hope you had a most pawtastic Christmas and yes, a great New Year's dogabration, too!

    I tried those boots for doggies once, but um...nope, not fur me, BOL!

    You look good in your cold weather duds, Buddy!! I can't imagine walking on the river like that. Ours only freezes a bit...and it has to be frigid for weeks before that happens.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freckles, I am late because my petcretary just can't seem to sit still long enough to type! We got your pawsome card, thank you so much!

      Delete
  9. Very cute picture! Loving the little outfit :) hehe
    Henry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Henry! Nice to see you! I know I look goofy. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete