Monday, 7 March 2016

Spring is on the Way!

We really haven't had much of a winter at all this year.  The temperatures have been well above average and we only really had a handful of very cold days when mom insisted I wear my doggie snowsuit outside.

Don't get me wrong, we still have snow ......

Winter is beautiful in all its stark whiteness

Mom and I have even done some snowshoeing.  Well actually it's mom that snowshoes, I just walk along beside her.

Snowshoeing on a beautiful winter day.

We have been seeing lots of birds ......

Chickadee enjoying the suet feeder

Hoary Redpoll

Hairy Woodpecker


This Great Horned Owl was watching mom and I one evening!

Then we saw this group of Whitetailed deer visiting the people across the river!

A sure sign of spring is the return of Canada Geese!
It's Spring!  The Geese are Back!


This was my reaction to the geese....

I could not decide if I should chase them or just watch them, BOL!

Now because it has been so mild, the respiratory flu that was going around never really went away.  It just wasn't cold enough to kill that nasty virus.  If you remember, when the peeps went to visit grammy at Christmas in her care home, they had to gown, mask and glove up as there was an outbreak going around.  Luckily, that time, grammy did not get sick.  Unfortunately there is now another round of respiratory illness going around and this time grammy is sick and currently in quarantine.  Get well soon, grammy, I love you!

I hope you have all had as mild a winter as we have had and I know everyone must be looking forward to spring!

Until next time ....
Nothing more beautiful than a prairie winter sunset!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Buddy! So sorry yur Grammy is sick, shur hope she gets better real fast.
    I think spring is at my place too. Good smells when that snow melts and we can see the lil critter burrows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grammy is feeling better. Things are sure melting here now and I am enjoying the mud!

      Delete
  2. Crikey Buddy ..... it's almost spring for you. It's coming up to autumn for us but you'd never know. It's still awful hot here. I'm sure going to miss your snow pictures.
    I hope your Grammy gets better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grammy is doing better. Mom won't miss the snow pictures, BOL, but I will. Hope your momma is doing well, Charlie!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful photos! Love the one of you deciding whether to chase the geese or not. Sorry to hear your Grandma is sick, sending healing prayers her way. We haven't had much of a winter either & haven't seen snow in a long time, it's been warm enough to go motorcycle riding already! Spring is here at our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, spring is definitely here and you already went for a motorcycle ride? Wow, that will have to wait a couple more weeks up here!

      Delete
  4. Hope your grammy feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grammy does feel better, thank you for the wishes.

      Delete
  5. Our snow dumps are finally going away...its been over 10C here today and going to be warmer still all week:)

    Mudpie city is here:)

    I sure hope your Grammy gets all better quickly. This sickness season has been awfur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is now mudpie city here as well. Grammy is doing not too bad. We hope your pawppy is feeling much better.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the beautiful and amazing pictures!

    Hope your Grammy feels better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, mom does take good pictures when she remembers the camera! My grammy is doing better. Thanks for the wishes.

      Delete
  7. Great post! My name is Robin and I'm the 13 year old author of the pet blog called Paw Province. For every person that joins my blog I'll donate $3 to the D.R.E.A.M. Dachshund Rescue in North Georgia. If you haven't already, you can become a member today, and please tell your friends to join, too! Thanks! www.pawprovince.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin! We visited your page and signed up! Thanks for the invite. You are doing an awesome job!

      Delete