Tuesday, 2 February 2016

Happy Ground Hog Day!

Today is Ground Hog Day and I have not been following what that rodent predicted!  Does anyone think they will be getting spring soon?  Personally, our winter has been so mild, that it feels like we haven't had winter yet!  But I think I should go and find out what that rodent said.
That about sums it up!
I am trying to remember if I might have accidentally eaten that guy last summer!  BOL!  I joke!  Or am I?!

We have been having very mild temperatures, but there was one weekend where it was cold, even by my standards.
Mom over reacted to the cold!

I hate the snowsuit!  Absolutely hate it and I hope that no one saw me when I went outside that day!

We have had a lot of freezing rain last month and that is very unusual for us.  Mom remembers when it got cold and stayed cold until something like June or July.  Of course, she is older than the hills so she would remember trivia like that!

I have enjoyed many long walks this winter and lots of running in the snow.
Nothing better than a romp in the snow!

With all the freezing rain, we  now have ice under the snow and sometimes mom makes some spectacular falls on the ice.  I help her out by sitting on top of her and licking her!  She says this is not being helpful.
Intently watching the horses next door.
I was having such an awesome run that day and then mom saw me edging toward the neighbor's fence and said, "No, you cannot go over there and eat horse poo today".  So I just sat down and watched them. 

There have been a few evenings where the Northern Lights have been out again, but they have not been as bright so no pictures have been taken.  When they are bright again, mom will try and take more pictures.

I hope each and everyone of you has had a wonderful winter so far.  What do you think?  Is spring 6 weeks away?

12 comments:

  1. Hi Buddy! Did yur river ever freeze so's peepoles can drive on it?
    We have More snow an it blows across our driveway. An now Daddy's tractor won't start so we're trapped! Bol,he'll get it started, rite affer his nap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe, my river has frozen, but people haven't been able to use it for as long as they would like due to the unseasonably warm weather. Did daddy get his tractor going? Should I come over and help dig you out!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you really eats the Groundhog?? Hehe!
    I do hope Spring is around the corner, I is bored wiv all the rain, wind, rain, wind, I wants dry walkies so my paws don't get wet!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like my feetsies getting wet either, Princess Leah! I am not saying another word about that ground hog! BOL!

      Delete
  4. Yes Buddy, we need yur diggin skills! The drive way gets filled in afore Daddy can get it plowed! The parents wuz both out there with shovels to get the tractor back to the garage. We are trapped! Sum dood is coming tomorrow to help Daddy, but I'll tell him you are on yur way to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe, I am packed and I am on my way! I'll bring the momma with me! She should see how she can handle a shovel!

      Delete
  5. We haven't had any snow dis week and it wuz in da 70s dis weekend. So maybe spring are already here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are getting snow right now, but the temperature is so mild. This has been a very mild winter for us.

      Delete
  6. It's always good to hear from you! We have been having a very mild winter so far too. Today it's 60º! But it's supposed to get cold next week. We'll just see about that when it gets here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, supposed to get colder here next week as well! I must say that I like it colder! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Well, it was mild here earlier this week, but this evening when growlmy drove home from her work, the car thermometer said it was 13F, Now fur here that is cold, though it can get lots colder...I hope not. We have not had as much snow as some winters either...but now that I woofed that, it means we should get a huge dump of the white stuff...we did get a measly 1 1/2 inches today...on top of frozen rain. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been getting lots of freezing rain also, and that is so strange for us. Hoping you don't get much more snow!

      Delete