Wednesday, 6 January 2016

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and I send good wishes for a happy and prosperous New Year to everyone!

We made a tour of sorts this Christmas.  First we were off to see grammy.

Snoozing while going to see grammy

We started early in the morning and made good time getting to where we wanted to go.

The sunrise on a cold winter morning

We saw the most spectacular sunrise and mom tried to capture it on film.

Once we got to grammy's we found that the visiting restrictions were still in place, so I could not go see grammy.  That made me sad, but the peeps got gowned, masked and put on rubber gloves and went to see her.

Fashion accessories courtesy of grammy's care home

We then went and visited with momma's brother and dad's sister, both of whom happen to live in the same city.  The peeps ate lots, I got to play with the nephews, and everyone had a good time.

On returning home we had dad's mom come spend a few days with us.  It was during this time that Mother Nature provided the most amazing fireworks in the sky.

Northern Lights

More Northern Lights

An even more Northern Lights

Just to say she did, mom tried to take a picture of the Big Dipper.

Big Dipper

We are still having unseasonably warm temperatures and my river is still not frozen.  We are getting snow today and supposed to get snow tomorrow and then colder weather is forecasted.  Personally, I am hoping for more snow, so I can have even more fun outside.

Until next time, take care everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Wow those lights are amazing, how lucky were you to see such a pawsome display!
    I is glad I didn't haf to put a mask on to see Aunty Peggy in her care home this Christmas, although I is very pleased the peeps sneaked me in!
    Happy New Year to you dear Buddy and to your Peeps and family
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing pics of da Northern Lights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmmmmmm! Is there something wrong with my eyes too or is that Big Dipper thing just a big black blob. I thought I could see something but it turned out to be dirty spots on the iPad screen. Hope it gets cold for you soon. I so want to see your frozen river pics this year..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, it wasn't Halloween...hope those illness restrictions are lifted soon.
    Those Northern lights are so beautiful and awesome!

    Hope your winter comes for you, Buddy, but pawlease don't send it to me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a fabulous trip. Happy New Year to you. Fabulous pictures of the Northern Lights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Those lights is so cool! Your Mom takes sum pawsum piccies! Too bad you dint get to spread sum cheer at your Grammy's place. All the peepoles luv them sum Buddy.
    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the wonderful photos! One of ghostwriter's goals in life is to some day see the Northern lights in person. We're a bit too far south here in Rochester NY, and we have a lot of "light" pollution. We see the Big Dipper in your picture! We've been watching the moon and planets Venus and Saturn in the eastern sky before the sun comes up around 5 or 6am. Orion is the prominent constellation in the evening sky.

    We hope Grammy is going to be OK. There are a lot of nasty colds and flu and stomach bugs going around this year in the nursing home where ghostwriter works too. Better safe, wearing a mask and gown, than sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I would just love to see the Northern lights in real life. They are absolutely gorgeous. I hope you had a great Christmas, and wishing you all the best for 2016.
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete