Saturday, 7 February 2015

We Got Snow!

Finally, winter has come to the Great White North and we got snow!  Oh, I am so happy! 

A couple of days ago I sat down and pondered the fact that we had so little snow!

Enjoying the sunrise and pondering the lack of snow

You see pups, I love to bury my whole head in the snow (momma calls this my ostrich impersonation) and dig tunnels like you wouldn't believe.  This is extremely hard to do when there is no snow. 

Thursday night into Friday that all changed and it started to snow and snow and snow.

6 inches of snow!  How pawsome is that!

Now the only problem with the 6 inches of snow is that it is the light and fluffy type and that is oh so hard to dig tunnels in.  I am doing my best at making snow puppies and rolling and rolling in it in the hopes that I pack it down enough to finally do my ostrich impersonation.

Today we woke up to some gorgeous sundogs.

Sundogs!

Of course, gorgeous sundogs only means that the temperature is gonna drop and it is gonna get much colder.  Bring it on I say.  The Husky in me wants to run and play in the snow!

Have a great weekend all!

16 comments:

  1. Oh Buddy! Yu luv that snow! Jus fur yu, I hope it gets super cold an yu get more an more snow an wind an drifts. So much fun for yu!

    not so much for the peepoles :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, momma hopes it doesn't get too much colder. We had a pawsome walk today, and I nearly got lots in a dog eating snow drift. Mom wishes she had her camera with her to have recorded that embarrasing event!

      Delete
  2. Crikey Buddy ...... I'm so happy for you, mate. I hope you get heaps more. How's the river going?? Is it all icy again?? That's a great photo, aye?? Ive NEVER seen those sun dog things before!! Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is still open water on the river, Charlie. It has not been cold enough for long enough to freeze it solid again.

      Yes, those sundogs are pawsome. Sundogs occur when the sunlight reacts with ice crystals in the atmosphere. There are very pretty, but you know it is gonna get colder when you see them.

      Delete
  3. Have fun in all your snow. Just keep it up dere, ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet, Whitley! I will keep it up here!

      Delete
  4. Pawlease be selfish and keep all that snow to yourself, OK? I got plenty enough here already, BOL!

    Those are some pawsome images !!
    Sometimes...we see those pups playing with the sun, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, Freckles, I will keep the snow if you insist, BOL! I know that you have plenty! My dogness, those banks are taller than you!

      Yep, that sundog was nice to see!

      Delete
  5. Oh i'm happy that you got so much snow now!! We have been getting dumped majorly with it lately!!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got a bit more snow, and now it is cold!!!! Bring on more snow I say!

      Delete
  6. Hi, Buddy! I found you through Charlie Downunder's blog. That snow looks like a lot of fun. I've never seen snow - I live in FL. We get 20 and 30 degree weather during the winter but never snow :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, so nice to meet you! We love Charlie Downunder, he has some pawsome adventures! I could send you some snow if you would like, BOL! We are under a winter storm warning right now so will be getting lots of snow and I could share!

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, how pretty. I have to confess that I am ready for the snow to melt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got lots more snow this weekend, and I think everybody is ready for it to leave now too, BOL. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete