Monday, 1 December 2014

At Least It Is a Dry Cold

It has been cold here of late.  With the windchill it was -42 C on the weekend.  How cold is that?  Well, your freezer is probably set warmer, BOL!

It is so cold that this morning when mom and I were outside to see dad off to work, I ran back to the door and wanted inside.  Why should I freeze outside?  I let mom see dad off to work without me!

The cold means one thing is for sure.  My river will soon be frozen solid and people can start crossing the ice road.
My river (Picture taken December 1, 2014)
Yeah, so you can see a bit of open water still in the river, but it is gonna be frozen in no time.

Dashing through the snow
I did have a bit of fun outside this morning.  While mom shovelled a bit of snow, I did some dashing in the snow.  I wouldn't let her put my winter jacket on me this morning, and I do not like those booties, so they are not on either!

I must have been a very good boy, because this arrived for me last week.
My mystery box
Mom is storing this box in the garage for now.  She tried to get a picture of me beside it, but for some reason I have never liked going in the garage, so no picture of me beside this box.  I know what you are thinking, gee Buddy what are you gonna do with that?  Pups, the box is full of deer bones, courtesy of a hunter friend of the peeps.  Mom is rationing the deer bones right now, but they sure are tasty!

Well stay warm pals and to all my pals in the U S of A, I hope you had a very happy and safe Thanksgiving last week.


16 comments:

  1. Deer's bonz! All Right! That looks like a bunch o' bonz!
    I jus thot is wuz sum weird thingy fur yur science minded Dad.

    Stay warm but have fun out there runnin round nekkid in that snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure if I run fast enough, Zoe, that will keep me warm, BOL! And then I can fill up on deer bones! Great plan don't you think!?

      Delete
  2. Dat are crazy cold. I don't do negative temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is crazy cold! It has warmed up to -10 C now! That is a little better!

      Delete
  3. Crikey ..... that sure is cold, aye?? I think I would die in those temperatures. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like and you going runnin' around in it with no coat and no boots????? Fair dinkum Buddy ..... you're one tough bloke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie, your fur isn't long like mine, so you would definitely need a jacket and booties up here. No running nekkid for you here! Nah, I'm not tough, I just like the cold!

      Delete
  4. Brrr! Too cold...it was 12F ( -11C ) here last night, that is plenty cold enough.

    Stay warm,Buddy and gnw on a deer bone! Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it has warmed up to -10 C, BOL! But with the wind it does feel cooler. Don't worry, I am staying warm!

      Delete
  5. |Sounds like it's super cold over there! We just finally got our snow back, not much, but it is coming soon though! It got so warm we lost it all a few weeks ago!!!
    You are one lucky pup with that box full of bones!!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We now have lots of snow, so I am happy.

      I am even happier that the hunter friend of momma and daddy is giving me another box of deer bones! Woot, woot!

      Delete
  6. I see you lying in front of the fire chomping on one of those bones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for stopping by Sand Spring yesterday and wishing Glory a Happy Birthday. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and I do hope Glory had a wonderful birthday.

      Delete
  8. I r wike Zoe. I fot it wuz a box filled wif scientifik stuffs fur yur scientifik Dad! Deer bonez sound weal tastee! I barked at a deer once in MN! Skeered da cwap outta him, fur shur!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Zaidie, I am sure you put the fear into that deer! Well done!

    ReplyDelete