Friday, 12 December 2014

Almost Got Him

It has continued being mild up here lately.  It is so mild in fact that my river is starting to melt!
South Saskatchewan River, December 12, 2014
Last year on this date the ice road opened up and people could drive across the frozen river.  That isn't gonna happen this year.  It will be cooler next week, but not cool enough to freeze the river to the thickness we need.  Come on -30 C weather, BOL!

Mom and I had a most enjoyable walk this morning.  It is awesome to get covered in mud in December no less!

On returning to our yard, I quickly disappeared.  Mom had no idea where I was and was calling me and then she heard a weird noise.  Just then she saw a red squirrel come racing up beside the house and it quickly found refuge in the undercarriage of her truck.  I was in hot pursuit, and circled the truck trying to convince the critter to come out and play, BOL. 

Mom banged on the truck and the critter jumped down and went racing around the garage with me in hot pursuit. 

I came ever so close to catching that mischievous critter.  The day is still young, so I might still get him.

Anywoodle, we had a most enjoyable walk in the mild weather today, but personally, I cannot wait for it to get much colder!

Wish me luck in tracking down that squirrel!!!  Later everyone!

Enjoying the mild temperatures today!


13 comments:

  1. Oh! Yu look so Happy! Run, Buddy, Run!
    Get that lil critter!

    We're havin weird, warm weather too. No coat needed an it's the middle of December. Whut's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still unseasonably warm up here, but today it was very foggy. We are supposed to get more snow soon.

      I did have fun yesterday and really enjoyed racing after mom!

      Delete
  2. Pawsum pichur ob yu WUNNIN' WIKE DA WIND, Buddy!!! Catch dat darn skwerl an' wet him kno' whu r da boss ob yur pwoperty - dat wood be yu, ob corse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look like Air Bud in this picture, BOL! I have still not chased that nasty skwerl off of my property! I think he is hiding today!

      Delete
  3. Do ya need me to help ya catch that squirrel dude??
    I will gladly help you as long as its mild as it has been, BOL!
    Love your racing picture...is the lil rodent in front of you?
    Woofs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Freckles, please come on over and help me sniff out that critter. I know he is around, but I can't find him today!

      Delete
  4. I'll help come chase dat nasty skwerril!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please come on over, Whitley! The more the merrier, BOL!

      Delete
  5. Crikey Buddy ..... When I run I have a big smile on my dial just like you do. Hope you catch that squirrel bloke. Your river HAS melted, aye, but it is still VERY beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your running photos, Charlie! I would love to run on your beach. I did not get that squirrel, but I am hoping he comes out of hiding soon!

      Delete
  6. UGH! It is mild here too! We still have some snow, but everything is getting dirty and slushy!!! GRRRRR!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this mild weather is very strange! I wants more snow!

      Delete
  7. Maybe Santa will bring you the squirrel for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete