Thursday, 30 October 2014

Reflections of my Summer

Well my typist is really bad of late in sitting down and updating my blog.  She has been being creative with pumpkins and zucchinis and beets and various other garden produce.  Have I gotten a taste of anything?  No!!!

So I said to the typist that she should post some of my summer pictures before too long, because, you know, we have already had a few skiffs of snow and soon there will be lots of snow pictures.  I am now sitting on top of her making her update my blog.

 Anyone know what these are?
 That right there is gooseberries.  Make very tasty pies.  I wouldn't know.  I didn't get a piece of any gooseberry pie!

Another sure sign of summer!
I tried eating one of those things this summer and I don't advise it!

Crabapples!
The peeps crabapple tree has never produced really well, but this year mom got a gallon bucket of crabapples.  Apparently they are very tasty!  I didn't get to sample any!

Goat's Beard
Mom tried for days to get a good picture of a Goat's Beard.  She liked this one so much that she sent it to the television station and they used it on the evening news!

Gratuitous picture of me!
Mom says this picture of me reminds her of the tv show "The Littlest Hobo"!  I think the theme music to that show is pretty good!

The face only a mother could love!
That right there is a cutworm and him and his friends were doing nasty things to mom's garden produce.  I don't recommend trying to eat them.  They are NOT tasty!

Cranberries

The cranberry tree did all right this summer.  Mom was away looking after grammy when they were ripe enough to pick.  I have been sampling them every once in a while.  They are ok, but not my favorite fruit in the yard.

Goat's beard blowing in the wind
Mom tried to get a picture of the Goat's beard blowing in the wind and this is the best she could get.  I told her to let me sneeze on it, but she wouldn't let me.

Me!
Mom and I were out on a nice walk before she went back to be with grammy in this picture.  It was a totally pawsome day and I was very happy!

Grapes!
Mom picked the grapes after they were ripe and froze them.  She will juice them and then make jelly out of them.  They turned a beautiful purple color, but sorry, no picture of what they looked like when they were ripe!

Pumpkin

Mom got a lot of pumpkins and some are still ripening.  So far she has made pumpkin and potato soup and pumpkin loaves with them.  She is gonna make me a batch of doggie cookies soon with some of the pumpkin.   Or so she says!  Can't wait mom!

Say hello to my little friend!
He didn't say much and kept sticking his tongue out at me and then he slithered back down his hole!

Russian Sage
One of mom's favorite plants in the flower garden.  It really did well this year and she just loves the purple color!

Goodies from the garden

I hope mom has not bored you pups with this trip through our yard this summer. 

Now I think I must go supervise her while she does something creative with some more of this garden produce. 

Take care all!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Buddy! It's good to hear yu barkin in yur bloggy thingy! Wow, yu've had lots of garden goodies to snoopervise.
    I sure hope things are kinda settlin down fur yu an yur folks now.
    We've missed yu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things appear to be settling down, Zoe! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Pawsome picture!

    Dat Goat's Beard looks a lot like a dandy-lion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Whitley, it does! It is just a lot bigger than a dandy-lion would be! Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  3. I would love to help your busy Momma sample things, that way she wouldn't have to spend as much time to put it all up.

    She too is drooling! BOL!

    She remembers the gooseberry bush that was in their garden as she was growing up. They sure were yummy!

    Pawsome pics and its good to hear your woofs here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gooseberries make excellent pie. Mom didn't get enough to try and make jam or jelly out of them, but maybe next year! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Pweeze tell yur Mom dat hur r a wunnerful fotogwafer! We echo Zoe's thots an' hope dat fings r settwin' down an' dat Gwammy r duin' ok <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Zaidie. Mom just points the camera and takes pictures, some even look not too bad, BOL! Good to hear from you!

      Delete
  5. I have never tried goose berries before!!!! I have heard the pie they make is great though!
    YUCK to that worm!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gooseberry pie is excellent. The green ones are still a little tart and the purple ones are over ripe, so when you combine them, it gives the pie a really nice flavor. Yeah, that worm is ugly and not very tasty! Good to see you!

    ReplyDelete