Thursday, 7 August 2014

I Survived!

Well pups, somehow I managed to survive my incarceration at the pet resort.  Apparently I had a good time and was playing lots with the owner's dog.  She is a lovely girl named Emily.  I got back home on Monday afternoon and basically slept all the rest of Monday and most of Tuesday.   My stomach has been a little upset, and mom says it sounds like aliens are in there.  I think the peeps are waiting for something to bust out of stomach or possibly even my back end, BOL!  Mom is making me some rice and she tossed a can of chicken soup into the rice and she will also scramble an egg for me to have.  Hopefully the aliens leave soon.

The peeps had a good time at the wedding and they say the food was the best they have ever had!

At the reception the hors d'oeuvres were scallops in some sort of marinade.  Mom did not have these as she is allergic to scallops and no one wanted to have to use her Epi-Pen on her.  The other appetizers were seared steak with foie gras on top and a souffle served in an empty egg shell and the souffle had a sprinkling of caviar on top.  Those were very tasty!

I would just like to point out that I got nothing in a doggie bag from these hors d'oeuvres!

Then for the meal.  The first course looked like this.
So that right there would be Buffalo mozzarella, with roasted grape tomatoes, pea shoot insalate and Italian herb vinagrette.  Doesn't that mozza look pawsome?  I love mozza!  Did I get a taste?  NO!

Then came the next course and it looked like this.
There you have braised beef short rib ravioli, Amarone reduction, and shaved parmeggiano-reggiano!  I love beef short ribs and the cheese sounded wonderful.  Did I get a taste?  NOO!!

For the entree you could have chosen between beef, chicken or fish.  Mom choose the chicken and it looked something like this.
Yeah, free range chicken breast Beurre a l'Anglaise with toasty spicy hazelnuts.  Very, very tasty according to mom.  I know, what you are thinking pups!  Did I get a taste?  NOOO!!!

Then came dessert, mom said it was the most complex dessert she has ever tasted!  She thinks it was served in a rose bowl, BOL!  So now you pups know what to do with your old rose bowls!  Serve dessert in them.
Chocolate Blush Verrine, Chocolate hazelnut mousse, vanilla sponge cake, cherries, mascarpone creme with white chocolate glaze.  It's like there's a party in your mouth and everyone is invited!

Well, at least the peeps ate well!  I had dry kibble at the pet resort.  Mom supplied the dry kibble.  It is my usual boring kibble.  I did get a treat at the pet resort.  Apparently I got a bully stick and I liked it.  Sigh!  Don't you think the peeps could have brought me back a doggie bag or at the very least a soiled napkin with all those delicious smells on it? 

Well, mom says I have to try and eat my rice and scrambled egg now.  She is hoping that will settle my tum and make those aliens go away.  Later pups!

Me digging a big hole in the back yard and getting very muddy!  How can you have a blog entry without a picture of yours truly!?

22 comments:

  1. So glad yu Survived Buddy!

    Whut the heck is with all that fancy schmancy food? That don't even look like food, sum of it.
    Yu need yu a good ol' raw meaty bone to make things rite in yur rumbley tumbley.

    Feel better soon. It's good to be home, heh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, pretty fancy! Those there orchids in the pictures were also edible! They were not just ornamental but also very tasty.

      I ate some rice and the scrambled egg and my tum does not sound like it has aliens anymore!

      Yes, it is pawsome to be home.

      Delete
  2. Well, i'm glad you survived!!! The food looks FAB!!!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also glad I survived, BOL! Pretty nifty food all right!

      Delete
  3. Glad you are home and out of that incarceration joint...

    What noms!! Too fancy fur me, BOL!!

    I'd love to came and help ya dig up your turf, Buddy! Was there a varmint in that tubing tunnel?? Just don't go and get your schnooter stuck in it, OMD!!

    Woofs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also glad to be home!

      There was a chipmunk in that tubing and I was trying my best to get him out. He was such an irritating little jerk!

      Delete
    2. They sure know how to taunt a pup, don't they? Grrr!

      Delete
    3. They are my nemesis! Also mom's nemesis! They are irritating and annoying and I can smell them out quickly! I did not get that one, but I will keep trying.

      Delete
    4. Then after you get that one, you can come here and help me get us some red squirrels...them are real pestering varmints.

      Delete
    5. Freckles, one winter the peeps had a red squirrel fall down the fireplace chimney. They devised a plan where dad would hold a gunny sack under the flue and mom would open it in the hopes the critter would just fall in the sack! Mom opened the flue and the critter may have fallen into the bag, but the next thing you know there is a squirrel on the loose in the house. The peeps put Angel Abby outside and cornered the squirrel in the den. At one point the squirrel leaped into mom's face and left a big sooty, squirrel shaped mark on her face. Eventually dad managed to catch it and take it outside and release it.

      Delete
    6. About a century befur I came to this den to protect it, there was a baby red squirrel in here, tightrope walking along the curtain rod...the peeps couldn't capture it, the kitties were not in varmint catching mode being too well fed...and they never knew where it went, let alone if it even got out! Um...it must have, though, cause there was no stank...OMD!

      Delete
    7. I got a critter in the house story too.
      Both my skin bro an sis were here, but Daddy musta been in Eye Rack. Sissor went in her bedroom an came out Real Quick sayin there is an animal in her room. Mommy went in an saw a BAT! It musta come in on the laundry that had hung outside that day. Anywho, she got a towel an threw over it, They dumped the winnow screen outside an threw the towel out there too. The nex' mornin, there was no sign of the bat. It musta crawled out frum unner the towel an got away.
      Eww!
      Once a long time ago when the family lived in the Denver Colo. area, they found a bat in the backyard. Animal control came an got it. Turns out it was Rabid!

      Delete
    8. Those bats are strange critters. When the peeps only had Groucho the kitty we had one of those in our den,, too...they were able to shoo it out.
      Once there were 2 bats in the church, during service...which had to be stalled until the bats were evicted...bats in the belfry fur sure, BOL!!

      Delete
    9. Bats in the belfry, BOL! When Angel Abby was a pup, the peeps lived in Ontario. One day momma walking down the hall and she thinks she sees something flying up the stairs. Fast forward to the night, and there is a sound coming from the window in the peeps bedroom. Dad moved back the curtain and there was a bat! I guess it got in by flying down the fireplace flue, as the next year, the same thing happened. Anywhoodle, dad opened the window and left the bat and then turned to mom and in his best Bela Lugosi voice said, "Now go back to sleep!"

      Delete
    10. Yur dad is a real co-meed-ee-an Buddy!

      Wild times with wild critters huh!

      Delete
  4. Crikey Buddy ..... if anyone should have a bad gut it's your Peeps. That looks awful fancy food. If I ate all that in one sitting I'd have a gut ache .... wouldn't you?? Hope your feeling better soon and glad you're back home safe and sound. Why do we always seem to get crook when we go to those incarceration places. Doesn't that tell our Peeps something about 'em???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that food looks pretty rich doesn't it? They say it was good and no gut aches! I am feeling better today. The rice and scrambled egg helped a lot. I felt so much better, in fact, that I caught a mouse last night -- very tasty, and then I found some bunny parts that I also consumed. Mom tried to get the bunny parts away from me, but she didn't have any gloves on and I chewed fast, BOL!

      Delete
  5. That food looks tasty - too bad ya didn't get any.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apparently, the food was awesome, Whitley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I have nominated you to join in the Writer's Blog Writing Process Tour.
    There is no pressure or time limit...you even don't have to if ya don't wanna, BOL! Just have fun, that's what blogging is all about anyways.
    You can find the info in my blog post here:

    http://barksandwoofsfrommrjackfreckles.blogspot.com/2014/08/writers-process-blog-tour.html

    Woofs!
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my thank you! I will have the typist read the instructions! Good to know there is no time limit! Thanks again!

      Delete