Monday, 14 April 2014

It Has Been Awhile

Hello everyone!  My typist has been busy doing other things so has not been here lately.  We  have lots of catching up to do with my friends blogs.

In my absence I was Diary of the Day not once, but twice on Dogster!  BOL!  One gets a little dizzy in the DDP loop, so I was glad when my run was over.

Hey, mom! Fill up my pool!
I have been helping mom clean up the yard and I cannot wait until my pool is filled up and I can use my gazebo again.  What, you don't have your own gazebo?  Well come on over and have fun in mine!
Pouting in a snowbank because mom wouldn't put water in my pool!
Since mom didn't want to put water in my pool, I gave her the sad puppy eyes from a snowbank.  That snowbank has now melted, so I really do think I need my pool filled up!
The South Saskatchewan is thawing.
My river is slowly melting and people have stopped using it as an ice road now.  Hopefully the ferry will be back in before too long.  Mom won't let me near the river now because the ice is so thin.
Digging in the neighbor's field.
To pass the time, I have started digging, mom calls it excavating, in the neighbor's field.  Mom has taken a shovel and a rake over there at least three times to fill in the hole I am excavating.
Check out my dirty tongue!
It is a good thing I am black and you can't really see the dirt on me!
Yeah, even my white paws are black in that photo!  What can I say?  I just love to dig and I do it so well!!

Mom has started some bedding plants in preparation for her garden this summer.  Don't ask me why she is putting plants to bed, but whatever.  Maybe I can dig them up!
Mom's mini greenhouse
Mom has started 4 types of tomatoes, tomatillos, celery, serrano and jalapeno peppers so far.

I am keeping busy, well with digging, and chasing birds.
Canada Geese.  I couldn't catch these guys!
 Now I will try to catch up on some of my pals blogs!  I hope everyone has a great day today.

Can you spot the coyote that was in my yard this morning!


14 comments:

  1. Hi Buddy - nice to meet you. You and I have the same tastes..I LOVE to dig. , Well I call it gardening, but it's really gopher exploration. Hope you chased that coyote away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SlimDoggy, thanks for stopping by! Yup, I just love to dig. Mom calls it excavating but I like your idea of gopher exploration! Mom would not let me outside when she saw the coyote.

      Delete
  2. I bet that coyote is huntin fur the same lil vermines that yu dig fur.
    Mommy loves all yur cages that yu keep yur trees an shrubs frum runnin away! Bol!
    Sounds like yu've got the beginnins of sum yummy, hot salsa growin in yur lil greenhouse dealie.
    Any water fur yur pool yet? Bet not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Momma saw a bunch of coyotes yesterday morning, and they probably were looking for gophers. Glad you like the cages! It keeps the critters from eating the trees. No water in my pool yet and today it is snowing again.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you have lots of fun stuff going on, thanks for stopping by Sand Spring Chesapeakes. I come to Saskatchewan each fall to goose hunt. Beautiful place you have there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. We have so many snow geese around our place every fall. Which part of Saskatchewan do you hunt in?

      Delete
  4. Hi!
    Are you keeping the trees protected from tree rats...or deer & bunnies who like to feast on them?
    Did ya bark really loud to scare off the trespassing coyote?

    Nice pictures, Buddy!
    I love my digging times, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cages protect the trees from the rabbits and the deer. It has been very hard to establish any trees here, but we find that by protecting them until they can reach a certain height gives them a much better chance at survival. The deer like grazing on the tips of the branches and rabbits eat the bark off the bottom of the trees. Some day those trees will produce fruit!

      Delete
  5. A coyote in your yard!!! Be careful Buddy!!!!! Them things are dangerous!!! We hear them all the time around here, but haven't seen one in our yard as of yet. Thanks goodness! I know how easy it is to get lost with dogster! I actually haven't been on Dogster as much lately since I started blogging. I am at ease now knowing that they are not closing the site though!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, a coyote in my yard and mom wouldn't let me chase it because she saw at least two more lurking in the tall grass. We also supposedly have a wolf or two in the area. Mom saw a wolf when her and Angel Abby lived in Ottawa. It was right in their yard.

      Delete
  6. Oh Hey Buddy, I just thought I would let you know we are doing a giveaway over on my blog for a few products called K9 Kelp. If your interested feel free to head over and check it out. There is a link on my sidebar with a photo of Lexus near the top, you can click that and it will take you right there.
    have a great day!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting us know! Momma entered using her e-mail account. Looks like a pawsome product and mom loves the show "Dragon's Den". Some pup will be very lucky to win that!

      Delete
  7. I sawed da coyote, Buddy! R yu watchin' fur da Easfur bunny now??? I r shur him r on hims way! Habby Easfur, dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Zaidie! Thanks for stopping by! Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

      Delete