Monday, 21 April 2014

Happy Monday!

Pups, I hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter this year!  Mine was great because on Good  Friday it started to snow and on Saturday we woke up to this:
Yeah for snow!
To think we were devoid of snow on Friday and then to get this was wonderful.  Or so I thought, nobody else shared my enthusiasm.  By the afternoon, almost all of the snow had gone.

Mom and I took a nice walk on Saturday and mom tried out her new camera.
This hawk was watching us.
Mom learned how to use the zoom on her camera to take this picture.  He was quite a distance away and mom would have had to wade across a ditch full of water to get any closer to him.
My two favorite things snow and water!

After mom took the picture of the hawk she turned around and took this picture of me.  I  just love water and snow and to have both together on the same day was wonderful.  Just ask mom what a big mess I made in the mud room after this outing.  Incidentally, isn't that why a mud room is called a mud room.  One is supposed to get mud all over it!
So happy to have snow again!
After having lots of fun in the snow we made our way back home and that is when mom saw the first robin's of the year!
It must be spring if the robin's are back!
On Sunday mom and I took another walk and we took off across the other neighbor's field.  Once again, I did a number on the mud room when I came back, but I sure had fun on the walk!
Finally!  Mom got a picture of the elusvie eagle that lives near us!
Mom was finally able to get a picture of the eagle that she has been seeing for the last few months.  She couldn't get any closer due to the large puddle of water in the neighbor's field.  But you can tell this is the eagle and it's nest is in this same group of trees.  Maybe we can see baby eagle's this year!

For my pals that are on Dogster, Dogster is having major problems right now and this is a post from Beasley aka Lori aka Watchdog on Dogster:  " All of SAY Media's properties were taken down by what is called a distributed denial of service attack (DDoS) again this weekend. The tech team is working to get everything back up and running, but it will take some time before we can expect our servers to be accessible normally again."  .....
.....and this is an update she posted on Facebook about an hour ago "Unfortunately, the sites are still being affected by the DDoS attack. The tech team worked all weekend, until 4:30am, to address the issues caused by the DDoS attack on all of SAY Media's properties (not just Dogster and Catster), instead of spending the holiday with their family and friends…I will continue to post updates in the All Paws Group when I can..."  

We hope this situation can be rectified soon.  We made so many pawsome pals on Dogster that we just hope this problem can be remedied quickly.

Pups, I hope everyone had a very happy and safe Easter!  Take care all!
Can you see me and what I am chasing out of the yard in this picture?
This happened really quickly and mom couldn't get the camera pulled out of her pocket fast enough!  The pictures are all dark because we have not had any sun all weekend and today has started off very foggy and misty.

22 comments:

  1. Yay fur yur snow! I bet yur Mom is hopin it don't last too long.
    Buddy, we see yu, but whut are yu chasin? It's not a porky pine? Probly not, yur Mom would be more innerested in gettin yu to come back than take a piccie.
    We see quite a few eagles round here but it's always a thrill fur the peepoles. Once Mommy told the mailman 'bout a couple sittin on the center pivot cross the road. He pulled ofur an watched em til they took off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom just made the picture x-large, Zoe! BOL! Look at the snow fence and then to your right. I was chasing some white tailed deer out of the yard.

      The snow is almost all gone and mom took down the snow fence today.

      We know there are at least two eagles that frequent that nest, so maybe we will see some babies.

      Delete
    2. Oh boy! Deer would be fun to chase! I jus get to bark 'em round here.

      Baby eagles will be cool to watch fur. Yu know, they don't get their white heads and tails til they're older.

      Delete
    3. I did not know that about Eagles, Zoe! Thanks for telling me!

      Delete
  2. Crikey .... great pictures from the new camera. My Mum LOVES birds. She loves seeing the birds from your corner of the world. She reckoned that robin was supa cute and the eagles?? How special to have those so close to home. The snow looks beautiful. Must be nice after winter to have it all gone and then to have it back again for just a short while. Well not for you, Buddy .... you can't get enough of it but for your folks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, the snow is all gone now, Charlie! Mom loves robin's and is always happy to see them back. We hear the pelican's are now back so will try and get a picture of them!

      Delete
    2. Mommy likes to see the pelicans kinda swirlin 'round on the air currents, way up there. :-)

      Delete
    3. Mom loves watching the pelican's. We are gonna definitely try and get a picture of them!

      Delete
  3. Beautifur pictures with that new camera, Buddy!
    That was fun chasing the deer, right? I counted four? Did ya bark em too??

    Once in a rare while there are Eagles here.
    It sure would be neato to have eaglets in their eyrie(nest).

    We are not sad that we didn't get snow, BOL!
    We too are getting so itchy with all those flea bites, and it seems to be worse on Catster.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, there was 4 white tails! I chased them far. I chased them out of our yard and nearly all the way across our neighbor's 80 acre field!

      Delete
    2. Buddy, did yu come back after chasin those deer neighbors? Wuz yur Momma frantic?

      Delete
    3. Yes, mom was frantic! When Angel Abby would chase deer, she would stop at the edge of our property! Not me! I just kept running! Yes, I did come back and mom was very happy to see me!

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos and I'm glad you got the snow and not me. Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, the snow is all gone. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. What a great post! You got snow?!?!?!? NO FAIR!!!! I am coming to visit you! haha!
    ( I know I know, it's all gone now ) Our yard is clear of our precious snow :( unhappy huskies! They had enjoyed the sun so far though. It has been raining for two days though! Sheesh! That Eagle is beautiful! I have always loved Eagles and hope you can get some photos of the babies! That SUCKS about Dogster! I haven't been on in a few days so I had no idea they were having issues. :( Hope they fix it soon! Thanks for the info!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the snow was great while it lasted, but now it is all gone! Dogster is still have fleas. They should obviously look into a good flea treatment, BOL!

      Delete
  6. Hey Buddy ..... I nominated you for a yoo hoo! YOO HOO! award. You can find out all about it at:
    http://charliedownunderinoz.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/yoo-hoo-yoo-hoo-award.html
    No pressure though, mate ... the award is yours even if you don't do it. I've NEVER done one before. think I mad a bit of a botch of it but I did my best. Only do it if you want to and have the time, aye?? It was a bit of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Charlie! I will check out your blog!

      Delete