Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Recipes

Ok pups, the long awaited recipes are here!  Mom has been busy doing what she calls spring cleaning!  Pffffft!  I think she should be making these for me!

Mom has only made these for me once, but they are really good and freeze well.

FUNNY BONES DOG TREATS
2 cups spelt flour
3 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/3 cup mashed ripe banana
2 eggs
1/4 cup pure maple syrup

Preheat oven to 300 F.  Combine flour, flaxseed and cinnamon in a medium bowl.  Set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, banana, eggs and maple syrup until smooth. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.  Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness.  Add a bit more flour if dough is too sticky.  Cut cookies with a cookie cutter and place on cookie sheet.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Cool completely on a wire rack.  Store in the fridge.  Can be frozen.

This next recipe is mom's favorite and she makes this one a lot.  It freezes very well.  Sorry about the original title mom gave it!

DOG BISCUITS
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup skim milk powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/4 cups water
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup pumpkin puree (optional)
1 egg

Oven at 275 F.

Combine flour, oats, wheat germ, powdered milk and garlic powder together. In blender combine water, peanut butter and egg until smooth. Add liquid to flour mixture - this will create a very stiff dough. Roll out on floured surface and cut into shapes. Bake 1 1/2 to 2 hours.  Should be very hard and crunchy.

This next recipe mom has not made for me.  She did, however, make it a lot for Angel Abby.

HOMEMADE LIVER DOG TREATS
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup corn meal
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 tsp garlic powder
1 pound beef liver

Liquefy the liver in a blender or food processor, add dry ingredients.  Drop a teaspoonful of mixture onto a greased cookie sheet.   Flatten cookies with the bottom of a glass dipped in water and cornmeal.  Bake for 15-20 minutes in 350 F oven.
(Mom says she can no longer stomach the liquefying of the liver and that these cookies smell bad when cooking!  I think these are all good reason to make them for me!)

Well, there you have it pups!  Hope these are helpful and let me know if you try any of these recipes out!

13 comments:

  1. Ohh! Yummy! Thanks fur postin these Mrs.Buddy.
    Yu shud be bakin not cleanin. The place will jus' get dirdy again.

    Bake fur Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will tell the momma to stop cleaning Zoe! Hopefully she will do some baking soon!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing the recipes! They sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound really yummy!
    But I don't get anything with wheat in it anymore...I was licking my feet a lot and scratching my underbelly...not so much anymore since I went to wheatless...and no corn or soy either. Growlmy says she won't buy anything not made in the USA and not listing the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on a grain free diet and mom tried the first recipe because spelt has much less gluten than other flours. Momma is like growlmy and will only buy treats that are made in Canada or the U.S.A.

      Delete
  4. mmmmmmmm!!!!! they sure do sound tasty!!!! Share with your husky pals?? hehehe

    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are wonderful! Mom just gave me one of the "Dog Biscuits". She really has to change that name, BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crikey ... you blokes LOVE your peanut butter, aye? I believe my old mate Elvis did too. I'll have to wait till I get home from holidays to try them out. Mum REFUSES to cook whilst on holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,Buddy- I'll be back with my scratch pad...Some mighty fine treat recipes....
    Gma,I want to paw on paper.....Where's my tablet???? Buddy has cookie recipes....
    Hurry Up, Gma...I know you're washing my blankets.....but I need to save these.
    Thanks Buddy! kisses,mazy

    ReplyDelete