Thursday, 13 March 2014

My Morning Walk

Since we like looking at pictures of our pals walks, mom thought it would be a good idea to take a picture of me on my morning walk today.
Testing out the snow before the walk!

After determining that the snow was just the right consistency that I like we started out on our walk.
Tagging along behind mom.
It was a very nice sunny morning when we left for our walk but it didn't take long for the freezing rain and snow to start.  No matter!  We just keep walking.
Buddy - 1; field mouse - 0
No walk is complete without a little digging.  I scored on this one!  Yeah me!  Oh and that pink house off in the distance - that is my place!
Another shot of my digging form!
With it warming up, I am really hearing lots of critters under the snow and it is ever so much fun to dig in it.
Watching horses in the neighbor's field.
After all that digging, I needed to take a break and just watch the horses in the neighbor's field.  He was also feeding them and I saw a big tractor moving around over there.  Mom keeps a close eye on me when the neighbor's are working in their fields, because I just wanna go say hi, and mom says dogs and tractors don't mix!
I am a happy boy!
I love nothing better than to get out in the snow and run and enjoy myself.  I really don't like summer much.  I realize you aren't seeing too much scenery on this walk, and mom says that is because I spent so much time digging and running and digging and running.
Action shot of me running!
I was being a good boy here and I did come when mom called me to her!
My backyard!
This is me checking out the snow in the back yard.  Yes, I am walking in this picture.  Summer will be nice because the river in my back yard will be flowing.  People do drive across the river in the winter on the ice road, but the ice is starting to get water on top of it, so the road won't be safe to drive across for too much longer.  Once the ice melts the ferry starts running and I love taking ferry rides across the river.

So that was morning walk!  Not much scenery like I said, but at least I had a good time digging!  Maybe next time I will cooperate with mom and she can take a few better pictures of where I live!

Hope everyone is having a great day.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks fur takin us along Buddy! Yu got sum great places to see. An' run an' dig.
    I think a bunch o' us smaller pups wud need snowshoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Momma was using her snowshoes, and the snow was quite hard and icy so she kept slipping and sliding away!

      Delete
  2. Wow looks like you had so much fun!!!!!
    You were walking in that pic?? haha! We got dumped with a ton of snow to! The huskies are loving it!!!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have fun and yes I was walking in that photo. We got more snow this morning and more coming for the weekend. I am happy, the momma not so much.

      Delete
  3. Buddy! You dig like a mad dog. Your 1/3 of body is completely gone. Crazy. Thanks for sharing this fun snow day with the Thoughtless Thursday team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I lubs to dig! Last summer I dug a tunnel. It was big enough for me to lie down in it!

      Delete
  4. You sure were almost trapped in all that deep snow!
    I haven't tried that yet on our new dumping of snow...but at least I am no longer in loopdy-poop-lala-land...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lubs the deep snow, Freckles. I hope you are feeling better today.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Actually Whitley, the temperature was above freezing so it wasn't too bad!

      Delete
  6. Crikey Buddy ... You say that's not much scenery? You got blinkers on or something, Mate? Looks bloom'n lovely to me. Believe me ... THAT'S SCENERY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlie! Wait until spring and summer and then you will really see some scenery.

      Delete
  7. My Momma sez it looks purdy but no way! She don't do snow... bol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Buddy!
    Today on our blog, we have passed an award on to you! If you have a chance, please come on by!

    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete